Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 310

    Iguazú Falls

    June 24, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    From Buenos Aires, we travelled to Iguazú Falls. We spent our first full day on the Brazilian side of the falls. It was cold and overcast, but breathtaking (despite the throngs of tourists). The highlight was a truly insane boat ride up the rapids and under the falls. We got absolutely soaked, but the adrenaline rush kept us warm.

    On our second day, the sun came out and we visited the Argentinian side of the falls. It was super crowded again, but gorgeous. Among the tourists, we ran into a kid that Talia met on our crazy boat ride the day before—they bonded over the wild boat experience. We ended up joining their family for the day, with Talia serving as the interpreter for all since they spoke no English and our Spanish is no bueno. We had a great day walking around the falls, but we were ready to escape the crowds and head to the quieter wine country (every 6 year old’s dream vacation destination, right?).

    Pro tip for anyone who is visiting: on the Brazilian side of the falls, anyone can hop on the fun boat ride, but on the apparently less permissive Argentinian side, you have to be over 12.
    Read more