Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 16

    Aboard TK2340 ... Catching Up

    13 maart 2020, Turkije ⋅ 🌙 54 °F

    Our second flight of the day departed the gate at IST on time at 8:00p. But the new airport in İstanbul is so big that it took us another 30 minutes to get into position for take-off. Anyway, we’re in the air and winging our way to İzmir. Even on this one-hour flight THY will serve us drinks and something to eat. Already the aroma of a toasted sandwich is wafting in the air.

    I expect to hear the captain’s voice announcing our descent into ADB as we’re scarfing down our food. So, just a few quick words before I have to put the iPad away.

    If the rumors of flight suspensions from Spain (and elsewhere from Europe) into İstanbul through Tuesday are true, we’ve been very lucky arriving when we did. Mui and I are seriously discussing canceling the rest of our overseas plans. Not in panic mode, but we are concerned that it will become more and more difficult to travel back to the US as the Corona virus spreads further and further in bigger and bigger numbers. And then there’s the issue of health insurance ... it would be best if we are home in Colorado should the worst happen and we find ourselves stricken with COVID-19.

    But that’s a decision yet to be made ... we have some travel research to do first ... more later.
    Meer informatie