Satellite
Show on map
  • Back Home

    May 29, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    A couple of pitter-patters as we were eating dinner last night. And that was it. No sign of the forecasted rain ... though we did hear some distant thunder. Oh well … hopefully some of the thunderstorms forecasted for every afternoon next week will actually bring some beneficial rain to the area.

    A quiet evening at home … a good night’s rest. Once again we were up just before 5:00a. We had a simple breakfast of cereal … a cup of tea at the picnic table … dallying a bit as we took advantage of the warming rays of the sun trickling in through the pine canopy. Then it was time to get started on the chores for breaking camp.

    Shortly before 10:00a, we were on the road. A few errands on base — getting haircuts being a priority — and we were back home by noon, just in time for lunch. A quiet afternoon of chores and errands ... a tiny sprinkling of rain that rewarded us with a double rainbow over the plains.

    All in all, we had a successful first camping trip in the Cruiser. It wasn’t an exciting trip, but going to Peregrine Pines accomplished the goals we had in mind … enjoying a change of scenery … walking and hiking somewhere other than in the neighborhood … figuring out customizations needed to make our home-on-wheels more comfortable.

    Mui will bring the Cruiser home tomorrow so that we can continue working on the list of items we came up with. Some are quick and easy fixes ... others will require some thought and research before we implement them.

    We hope to get out again next weekend. But the rec area we have in mind is only open on weekends and takes reservations on a week-by-week basis. We won’t know if we’ll be able to get in until we call on Monday! Fingers crossed.
    Read more