Satellite
Show on map
  • Back Home from Farish

    June 12, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 68 °F

    And we are once more digitally connected to the world ... though we didn't mind being mostly unplugged these past few days.

    After another good night’s rest, we were up and at ‘em early. By 8:00a breakfast was finished … Mui was taking his first shower since arriving at Farish on Tuesday. What can I say? When you don’t have water or sewer hook-ups, nor a bathhouse, you make do!

    With only an electric hook-up to disconnect, it did not take long to break camp. A walk around Lake Grace was the “fun” part of our morning before leaving Farish. Though the temp was only around 57F, the sun was out. Combine that with the lack of even a light breeze, and it was warm enough that we actually had no need for our jackets on this outing.

    We wanted to test how the Cruiser would handle steep grades with the toad attached, so we hooked up before leaving the campsite. She did really well.

    I neglected to check what time we left Farish, but we disarmed the alarm at home shortly after 11:00a, so I am guessing it was about 9:45a when we drove out the gate that marks the Farish boundary. The washboardy FSR 309 and Rampart Range Road were no fun, but we managed. Once we were on paved roads, we made good time getting home.

    After a light lunch at home, Mui was off to run errands. Chief amongst his to-do items was picking up the window awnings we ordered for the Cruiser … cha-ching! We'll be installing them before we head out for another short camping trip next week.

    For anyone interested in seeing more photos from our Farish camping trip ... here’s the link to my SmugMug gallery: https://eenusa.smugmug.com/PhxCrzr/CO-Day-Short…
    Read more