Satellite
Show on map
  • Privacy and Sun Protection

    June 14, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    Our Phoenix Cruiser has a nice big awning on the patio side. It’s great for shade protection when sitting outside. What it doesn’t do is afford any extra privacy inside the rig ... especially at night when the lights are on. Sure we have shades for that purpose, but not being able to see outside makes me feel claustrophobic. And it’s a security issue as well IMHO.

    Enter into the picture window awnings. We had these on the Phaeton and they served our purpose beautifully. And in addition to the privacy they gave us while still being able to see out, they stopped the sun from warming up the interior of the coach ... especially important when hot-weather camping.

    We ordered the awnings from the local Carefree of Colorado dealer about 10 days ago and were notified that they were ready for pick-up on the 12th ... the day we drove back from Farish. We installed them on Monday — Mui doing the work ... me supervising to make sure he followed all the instructions 🤪. They’re looking good, if I do say so myself.

    Looking forward to testing them out when we head out on our next camping trip ... coming up on Wednesday.
    Read more