Satellite
Show on map
  • Overnight in Wheatland, WY

    August 27, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 91 °F

    Another 100 miles from our lunch spot — a total of 248 miles from home — brought us to the small town of Wheatland ... the seat of Platte County, Wyoming.

    The drive up was an easy one. We opted to take CO-83 until we got north of Denver and then connected to I-25N. Just a bit of traffic near Ft Collins where we stopped for lunch. Very few vehicles once we were past Cheyenne. This section of I-25N through Wyoming was all new to us, so time passed quickly. Lots of golden ranch lands ... and mostly flat with a couple of interesting rock formations.

    We are spending the night at Lewis Park ... a city park here in Wheatland. There are a number of dirt RV sites — six of them with 30/50A electricity ... pedestals shared between two sites. Also, a bunch of tent-only sites. A potable water spigot and a dump station are available. Each site has a picnic table and a grill. The first three nights are free ... donations are welcome ... though I could not find where to leave the money!

    When we arrived shortly before 3:00p, three of the six electric-only sites were taken. They all look like they may be staying for a while. Not us. We'll be continuing north tomorrow.

    The campground may be in need of a bit of care, but it is more than adequate for an overnight stay ... and not far off I-25, so very convenient.
    Read more