Satellite
Show on map
  • AK TourSaver

    April 30, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 43 °F

    I first learned about the AK TourSaver coupon booklet when we went to Alaska in 2001. On that trip, we saved “beaucoup bucks” on tours with two-for-one coupons ... flight-seeing, glacier cruising, admissions, and more. The cost — which I don’t recall — was recouped after just one tour booking. That’s a good thing!

    So, I looked into purchasing the booklet this time as well. I reviewed the list of coupons on the website. Not nearly as many as there were in 2001, but still enough of interest to make buying the booklet worthwhile. Even better, there was an app that could be downloaded ... no internet needed to access the coupons once the app was on the iPhone. And now, regional coupons were available for a discounted rate, too.

    I downloaded the app a few days ago — SouthCentral & Interior ... for $69.99. Pricey? Yes. But. That afternoon, I booked a Wrangell-St Elias flight-seeing tour. Not only has using the coupon recouped the cost of the app, we’re ahead of the game some $80! That’s a good thing.

    P.S. By the way, remember how we were going to keep our road trip fluid? Turns out that if you have your heart set on doing something, you’d better book it pronto. We almost didn’t get our flight-seeing of choice ... and even then, had to settle for a morning flight instead of our afternoon preference.

    Methinks Alaska is going to be more crowded with tourists this year than we thought it was going to be.
    Read more