Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    End the Day in Ogden, Utah

    May 4, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 63 °F

    Actually, once we jiggled our overnight stop from Evanston, Wyoming to somewhere in Utah, the plan was to dry camp at a campground in Henefer.

    Turns out that was easier said than done. You see, where we were supposed to go left to take a bridge over I-84 ... well, there was no bridge. Since the Phoenix Cruiser does not have wings — and we didn’t feel like following the detour and backtracking along I-84 — we moved on.

    No free camping along this stretch of the road, so we found another campground by searching RV Trip Wizard. Forty miles later — having enjoyed wonderful views of the Wasatch Mountains along the way — we were pulling into the Century Mobile Home & RV Park in Ogden ... or more accurately, in West Haven. We got one of the last few sites not spoken for already and quickly settled into our site ... #37 Carriage Lane ... 50A FHU ... pull through.

    Since we’re paying a fairly hefty price for the site — $47 with military discount — Mui took advantage of the water hook-up to give the Cruiser a rinse ... much needed after yesterday’s “wet drive” in snowy weather.

    Chores done, we enjoyed an al fresco dinner at the picnic table that comes with the site ... such a nice change from yesterday’s freezing cold temps.

    We’ll be back on the road tomorrow. We will be meeting up with a friend at our destination, so no jiggling the route!
    Read more