Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 13

    Alaska Native Heritage Center

    15. mai 2021, Forente stater ⋅ ☁️ 52 °F

    Our run of blue skies turned overcast today ... though there were some sunny moments ... it just depended on which direction you looked. We even had a brief rain shower around 7:00a ... just as forecasted. No matter ... we were at home. We even made time to Zoom with the family this morning.

    This was our stick-around-Anchorage day. Mostly because today was market day. Alas, as with so many things this early in May, the farmer’s market was not yet operating in full gear. The guys — Deniz and Mui — learned that the hard way while I stayed home to take care of some catch-up stuff. Just because we’re on “vacation” doesn’t mean that life’s boring chores don’t get to intrude.

    After a quick lunch of leftovers, it was time to head out for some fun. First stop ... the ANHC. The organization’s website describes itself as “... a living cultural center located in Anchorage, Alaska that promotes active observance of Alaska Native culture and traditions. ...”

    We arrived in time to watch a bit of the cultural performance in progress. Then we went out to explore the life-sized village sites of the various native cultures. The “villages” are situated around Lake Tiulana, named after the man who was instrumental in the vision of the ANHC. With the sun out, it was a pleasant wander ... even better because we were amongst the handful of people visiting this afternoon.
    Les mer