Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 53

    Day 53 Ends @ Uncle Tom’s Tavern

    24 Haziran 2021, Amerika Birleşik Devletleri ⋅ 🌧 55 °F

    After our visit to Liberty Falls, we returned to the Cruiser ... I did some reading and writing ... Mui took a nap. Then we went out for an evening on the town. Or rather, make that for a beer ... we’re such “big party people!”

    When we visited with Ranger Vicky this morning, she had mentioned that we could have an “authentic” Alaskan bar experience at Uncle Tom’s Tavern ... complete with a big grizzly bear skin — head and all — covering the pool table!

    We have no other Alaskan bar experience to compare it with, but this one sure felt authentic to us ... complete with a crusty old bartender ... and a few other interesting “characters.”

    Ranger Vicky was there, sipping a seltzer before going home to her steak dinner. She is one of those interesting characters with quite a backstory ... but it’s hers to tell so I won’t give it away here.

    It was fun sipping our beers out of mason jars, and chatting with Vicky and a few others, including a woman visiting from Israel ... along with her friend from Chicago. An evening to remember.

    And now, we’re back at the Cruiser. In one direction, the sun is shining ... in the opposite, some ugly clouds are gathering. We’ll see which side of Mother Nature wins the weather battle.
    Okumaya devam et