Satellite
Show on map
  • Art , Food, and Friends

    June 17, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    A quiet morning enjoying the little bit of shade we had on the patio at our campsite … cooled off by a steady, light breeze.

    Lunch … indoors at the dinette since it was way too hot on the patio by the time the noon hour came around.

    And then it was time to head up to Denver for an immersive art exhibit … this time featuring the art and life of Frida Kahlo … “… the Mexican painter known for her many portraits, self-portraits, and works inspired by the nature and artifacts of Mexico. …”

    We thoroughly enjoyed the exhibit … captivated by the colors and the music that accompanied the images. Admittedly, it helps to know a bit about the artist’s life history to make sense of the influences on her art.

    I thought that this quote of Frida’s, painted on a wall at the exhibit hall, was a good description of what we experienced … “They thought I was a surrealist, but I wasn’t. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality.”

    (More photos from the immersive exhibit are at:
    https://eenusa.smugmug.com/North-America-US-Can…)

    Back to Chatfield State Park for a couple of hours … and then out again, This time for a dinner date with friends … old and new. We met up with Sonia & Boris (old friends) and Amy & Brian (new friends) … two couples with whom we will be sharing a seagoing adventure next year. We met at Ted’s Montana Grill in Littleton … good food; even better camaraderie with what seemed like nonstop chatter as we all got to know each other. Sorry … forgot to get a group shot before we all went our own way.

    And now, we’re back at our campsite … wrapping up a delightful day. I was hoping to sit out on the patio, but the smoke from the campfires around the campground is too thick … my throat is already scratchy and raw. Too bad!
    Read more