Satellite
Show on map
  • Back Home from Chatfield SP

    June 18, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 77 °F

    Like most people, we love having blue skies and sunshine when we are traveling. That said, when the temps rise into the 90F range, we don't complain much when clouds help to filter the heat.

    That was the case this morning. There was a solid block of high clouds in every direction ... the wind gusting strong enough to rattle the awning at times. Nope ... no complaints. We got to sit outside for breakfast and remained on the patio to read until it was time to break camp for the noon check-out deadline.

    The sun was out and blasting its heat by the time we were ready to pull out of our site and begin the short drive back home.

    Chatfield SP is a very big park ... a large reservoir … several smaller bodies of water ... 26 miles of trails. We did not take advantage of the hiking opportunities this time since it was so darn hot. Nor did we explore the park and its various amenities. But we liked what little we saw of this state park and plan to return another time ... hopefully when the weather is cooler.

    In the meantime, our drive back home was uneventful. The Cruiser is tucked into its storage site until our next camping trip comes around.
    Read more