Satellite
Show on map
  • Settled into Site 120

    July 18, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 73 °F

    All settled in … the patio is set up for us to enjoy the great outdoors … time to catch up.

    As I mentioned in the previous footprint, we lucked out with a last minute reservation that made this camping trip possible. Our luck was such that the site is one that we had marked as “preferred” when we last camped at Mueller State Park.

    #120 is a 30A electric site … no water or sewer hookups at this state park campground. No matter, we’re self sufficient and came prepared with a full fresh water tank, and empty black and grey tanks.

    Our location in the Grouse Mountain Loop — at the top of the campground — pretty much guarantees a 2- to 3-bar cell signal … which we can further boost with our antenna. In fact, the phone now shows full bar 5G. Doesn’t get much better than that!

    The campground is in a heavily wooded area. Though there are openings in the canopy for the light to stream through, the trees guarantee plenty of shade. We have a window into the southern sky for the satellite dish to grab unto a signal … Mui won’t have to miss the morning and evening news … and we can monitor the weather forecast, which will likely include daily afternoon and evening rain showers and thunderstorms since we are in the monsoon season. In fact, we’ve already had some sprinkles … thunder booms were audible, but quite distant. The sun is out at present.

    We’re settled in at 9,700 feet … about 2,500 feet higher than we are at home where the forecast is for 90F+ temps this week. The elevation here guarantees we’ll have cooler temps for our getaway. And, if we do have to run the A/C during the middle of the day … well, no problem since we have an electric hookup.

    The plan is to take it mostly easy while we are up here … though we do hope to take advantage of the cool mornings to do a hike or two. Gotta stretch those leg muscles !
    Read more