Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    A Meander Around Toronto

    July 30, 2022 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    An early wake up yesterday morning … followed by a long day of travel … followed by a late night after a dinner reunion in Toronto with our friends … followed by an early-ish wake up this morning for a required PCR test. The decision, thus, was to take it easy today. Hah!

    We started out with breakfast at the hotel — included in our room rate. Then, off we went to Union Station where SwitchHealth has a COVID-19 testing clinic. Our nasal cavities stirred for the first of two PCR tests required by Quark to embark Ultramarine on 2 August, we found ourselves heading towards the waterfront instead of returning to the hotel as planned.

    Long story short, we wandered and we wandered, stopping to take photos here and there. I had three walking routes that a new-friend who lives in Toronto had sent me. But the files were back in the hotel room. After all, we were supposed to be resting up this morning!

    By the time we returned to the hotel it was past noon and our feet were screaming for relief. No wonder! When I checked the health app on my phone, it was registering 15,851 steps.

    Our day is far from over. But first some rest … with our feet up!
    Read more