Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Another Meander Around Toronto

    July 31, 2022 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    When I posted yesterday’s story shortly after noon, I wrote that we weren’t quite done with our day. We did, indeed, go out again. Nothing interesting to report from that outing. But I did do a whole bunch more walking to wrap up the day with 19,541 steps. Mui clocked another 4,000 or so steps on top of that by window-shopping at the Eaton Center.

    I mention our steps from yesterday because by that standard, we slacked off today. We only walked 18,992 steps during today’s meanders around Toronto 😉😊

    This time we took off prepared for a day of exploring the city. Mui and I selected one of the three routes new-friend Kadi had marked up for us … about 4.3 miles. We made some adjustments here and there and ended up walking about 8 miles!

    Where did we go on this long walk? Well, I could list them, but I’ll let the photos give you a flavor of what our day entailed.

    The temps were warmer today than they were yesterday. The sun out for longer periods. Luckily, there was plenty of shade and some light breezes to keep us from overheating.

    A late lunch at the Amsterdam Brewhouse overlooking the Inner Harbor was the perfect opportunity to rest up before we tackled the walk back to the hotel.

    Now to put up our feet and give them a well-earned break!
    Read more