Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Mui Gets a COVID-19 Test!

    September 28, 2022 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 54 °F

    No, Mui doesn’t have COVID-19. We know this because we tested ourselves at home this morning and have the “single pink line” negative result to prove it.

    Rather, he got caught in Canada’s random COVID-19 testing net.

    Here’s what’s sad about this. Canada just yesterday announced that the random testing program is ending as of 1 October … in just two days’ time. Since we had 3 days to get Mui tested, we probably could have skipped the formality. But we plan to return to Canada in the future. No need to borrow trouble by skipping the test … especially since it is free and easy enough to get done at the designated LifeLabs clinic.

    Something else that’s sad about all this. The clinic moved off site from where it was at YYZ just yesterday. Not too far away … but not walking distance, unfortunately. No matter … Uber works very well in Canada. It took us no time at all to get to the clinic.

    Once we arrived at LifeLabs, we were in and out in under 10 minutes … paperwork and all. Now we await the results —24-36 hours we were told by the nurse. The good news? We don’t need to have the results in hand to board our flight to Türkiye tomorrow night!
    Read more