Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    A Day @ Sea

    October 24, 2022, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☁️ 72 °F

    Overnight we rock ‘n rolled a bit, but by this morning the seas were much calmer … as promised by Capt G. There are dead rollers for sure … but nothing like the seas, nor the winds, we had during the first two days of this cruise. Hopefully, good weather will prevail from here on out.

    Nothing much to write about today.

    We followed our usual sea day routine this morning … with just a few changes. We went up to the Oceanview Café for breakfast instead of the dining room. Then we put in our steps to get some exercise. Nowhere near the 19,172 steps we walked yesterday, but better than sitting on our butts all day long. On our way back to the cabin, we stopped in at the Tuscan Grill for fruit and tea at the Captain’s Club breakfast … a special perk for those who are Elite and above in the loyalty program.

    I pretty much spent the day in the cabin … or rather, on the veranda since it was a lovely day with the skies ever-brightening although the clouds never fully disappeared. It was certainly warm enough to sit outside comfortably. I skipped lunch when Mui went up to grab a bite to eat … makes me feel less guilty about snacking when we have our “happy hour on the veranda.”

    After dinner at the Grand Cuvée, we went to the 7:00p show headlining Mark Donoghue, a multi-instrumentalist described in “Celebrity Today” as “… one of the most significant artists to emerge on the contemporary international cabaret and concert scene.” He put on an excellent show that started out with a medley of old spaghetti western movie themes and ended with a medley of Abba songs that had people dancing in their seats.

    Tomorrow is the second of the three ports of call on this cruise.
    Read more