Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Gorgeous Sunset!

    October 25, 2022, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    Though darkness has enveloped us, it is 72F now at 8:40p … comfortable enough to sit on the veranda. I have my fingers crossed that most of the nights ahead of us will find me in this very chair on the veranda … legs stretched out on the footstool … writing about our day … or just reading.

    As it turns out, Silhouette was a bit late leaving port … about 30 minutes … not sure why. By then, we were enjoying the Montepulciano red Mui brought aboard for those days when we don’t wish to wait for the 5:00p Captain’s Club Social in order to get our wine.

    After a quick bite at the Oceanview Café, we went to the theater for the evening performance headlining the Flyboys … a vocal quartet. They described their arrangements as a combination of vintage and modern music. Unfortunately, they fell flat for us, so we left the show after the second song.

    Turns out that was a good move on our part as we wrapped up the day with beautiful sunset skies … which, as I understand it, had turned the entire ocean pink just moments before we walked out onto the promenade deck. The evening light, reflected on the surface of the Atlantic, was nothing short of amazing.

    Tomorrow is another port of call … our last one prior to our 7-day crossing back to the US.
    Read more