Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    We’re Home

    November 3, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ❄️ 30 °F

    Safe and sound … we’re home.

    Our uneventful flight landed at DEN a little ahead of our 5:44p ETA, but then had to idle on the tarmac as we waited for our gate to become available. Flurries were flying, but it didn’t look too bad. Perhaps we had managed to arrive ahead of the forecasted snow. Hah! That was about to change minutes later.

    By the time we had collected our bags — about 10 minutes after deplaning — and got to the off-site Avis building — another 15 minutes later — the snow was really coming down. Mui took care of the paperwork for the rental car and came back with the keys to a Toyota Sienna … a mini van … an improvement on the economy car we’d reserved.

    The snow was falling in big, fluffy flakes and visibility was quite poor until we reached I-25S. Then the snow turned to rain. Once past Castle Rock, there was no precipitation in any form, though the pavement was wet. Traffic was flowing smoothly throughout, however. By the time we were halfway home, the pavement was bone dry. So much for the forecast of snow in Colorado Springs tonight.

    Around 8:00p, we pulled into our driveway. The house was a cozy haven after the bone-chilling cold outside. From 88F in Miami to 23F in Colorado Springs. Talk about a shocker.

    Thus, another trip comes to a close. Unexpected though it was, I’m glad we had another chance to visit with family this year. And, of course, we’re always up for a cruise … so that was a bonus.
    Read more