Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Day at Sea

    December 24, 2022, Caribbean Sea ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    First, it was supposed to be a day in St Barts … the heavy swell forecasted for today put paid to those plans.

    Next, it was supposed to be a day in Sint Maarten … swells and a strong current on the unprotected side of the pier put paid to those plans. It explains why Mein Schiff eventually moved away from the berth we tried to dock at and took the protected side of the furthest pier … and why the Silver Sea ship that was ahead of us turned tail and left … leaving us to make our attempts to tie up.

    Could this be because we are on day “unlucky 13” of our trip? Nah! I don’t believe in that. Just the vagaries of cruising weather causing mischief.

    So, after sounding our horn in salute to Philipsburg, and exchanging toots with RCL’s Voyager of the Seas and Mein Schiff, we turned our bow out to sea.

    We don’t mind a day at sea. After all, we will have many, many more port visits by the time it is all said and done. But I do feel bad for those who are on Insignia just for this short cruise.

    Normally, we don’t spend much time on the pool deck. Since we had already donned our swimming attire, however, we decided to head up there. Mui immediately took advantage of the then-empty swimming pool for a pretend-dip in the ocean. I settled myself in the shade on deck 10 to catch up my journal.

    Life is good!

    Now to crawl our way to tomorrow’s port of call.
    Read more