Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 93

    At Sea

    March 14, 2023, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ 🌙 77 °F

    Day 2 of our 3-day crossing to Africa.

    These days at sea are meant to recharge our energy. And so far, they are serving their intended purpose.

    We had a special luncheon today. GM Claudio and OCA Cella have been hosting mini-reunions for passengers who have been on previous world cruises. The first luncheon was held a few days ago for the 2015-2016 world cruisers. Today it was our turn.

    There were no place cards or anything; only a black napkin at one place setting at each table to reserve a seat for the “surprise host.” There were five tables — two for 2017 and three for 2018. We had been chatting with Sonia & Boris, and Mary Jo and Doug in Baristas, so we took the 7-top table set aside for 2017. Our table, as it turns out, was hosted by CD Ray.

    There wasn’t a set menu. Rather, we all ordered off the lunch menu in the GDR. The wine flowed freely. It was a delightful meal.

    A quiet afternoon. And then Red Ginger Night was the theme for the Chef’s Market Dinner at the Terrace Café.

    We wrapped up with a Variety Show … a brand new production put together by the cast, the Insignia Showband, and the Quadrivium Quartet. It was fantastic.

    By the way, something interesting happened today. I don’t know all of the particulars, but late this morning CD Ray made an announcement that the A/C was going offline for a while. Turns out that the algae (sargassum blooms) that we’d been cruising through for much of the morning had clogged up the system and it needed to be cleaned. It was a small inconvenience … especially since it was a lovely morning to be outdoors if it got too warm inside.
    Read more