Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 86

    Train from Sydney to Canberra

    6. marts, Australien ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Staying on the IP through to Sydney Central Station meant that we’d be arriving well before the Blue Mountain tours returned by charter train.

    With very few people disembarking the IP, getting our bags was easy peasy. But now we had five hours to kill before our train to Canberra. Luckily, there is a luggage storage facility at the train station … pricey, but worth it for the freedom to leave the station for a few hours.

    Still sluggish, we slowly walked over to the Town Hall where we had been told that we’d find plenty of food options. We settled on a pub … not our first choice, but restaurant kitchens were closing down until dinner service. Since we were in the area, we also went in search of the Avis office from which we’ll be picking up our rental when we return to Sydney on the 11th.

    A productive afternoon, but we were happy to get off our feet when we returned to Central Station and rest up a bit for our next train ride.

    This train ride is on a daily service that operates between Sydney and Canberra. The trip is about 4.5 hours long … not sure why the speed was so slow, but hey, I’m not a train engineer. I’m sure we would have enjoyed it more had we both been feeling better.
    Læs mere