Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Lake Argyle

    May 7, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 28 °C

    It was long and loud night….
    As proper party animals we were in bed by 9ish, listening to live music followed by a DJ that was pumping until about 11pm. After the official party ended the masses wandered to their tents to continue… our neighbours were young and energetic and managed to party until about 2am… bless….
    The wind picked up significantly during the night with things flying around, including our towels.
    I was up about 5.30 and wandered to the infinity pool for the sunrise. There were a few other enthusiasts otherwise the place was deserted and quiet with spectacular views and amazing colours. I ventured back to ‘ours’ and had a relaxing breakfast. People started packing and heading back home.
    All Trails app suggested a few walks around so we took the easiest one - Ord river Gorge Lookout walk, an easily 1.5km trail with great views.
    After the walk we visited the M team to say goodbye before they headed back home. We were given heaps of food and beer so we can skip one shopping ;-), managed to do a M team Photoshoot and enjoyed the nice shady veranda at theirs for the last time.
    We had a pretty relaxed day, spend time in the infinity pool, did some clothes washing and ventured to explore the Lake Argyle history. We ventured on the other side of the Lake Argyle dam wall to a nice picnic park and admired all the water pouring through two tubes 4 meter in diameter to Lake Kununurra. 42000 litre per second per tube. By the way, supposedly Lake Argyle has enough water to fill 21 Sydney Harbours!!!
    I was hoping to get on the helicopter flight today but left the booking until too late and the pilot was in the air when I came to book my adventure. Fingers crossed they will have a flight availability for tomorrow’s sunset. Kat is not going, what a shame (fingers crossed she changes her mind until tomorrow hehehe).
    It will be an early night tonight as we want to head out tomorrow early to explore.
    Read more