Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 14

    ELQ Day 3 - Zebedee Springs

    13. Mai 2023 in Australien ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We had a little exciting afternoon yesterday as we discovered that our site was so shady that it did not let any sun through to charge our camper battery… there was no way we would wing it for another 3 days. So we drove back to the station to ask if they have any other more sunnier site available. Luckily for us they had two sites, so off we went to check them out, the first one was just open space with no shade what so ever and the second one was just perfect with he right ration of shade and sun. So we drove back to the station again to let them know we picked site #17 Brolga.
    Unfortunately it was already after 5pm so there was no way we could have made the move in day light as the sunset here is at 5.03 pm and last light at 5.32 pm.
    We decided to have dinner instead, play canasta and get up early to do the move.
    Kat has again, completely trashed me in cards…. I cannot catch up with her score…. Fingers crossed for tonight. We went to bed reasonably early and after reading we drifted to lalaland.
    Got up at 5.45 am ready to for the move. Packed up everything and drove to site #17 where all the drama unfolded. One would think it will be a smooth operation but reality proved different. I could not reverse the trailer to a good position and quickly lost my cool and when it was in kinda a good spot, not too close to the grass, not too close to the tree etc. we unhooked it, only to witness the front trailer jockey wheel slightly collapsing lowering the front significantly 😱 my worse nightmare was unfolding in front of my eyes…. Thankfully, we had the hydraulic jack that we quickly put under and lifted the trailer up again, hooked it to the car so I could breath again. I think I need to take more of the vitamin Bs these days….
    Kat got behind the wheel and put the camper in a good spot. The trailer jockey wheel seems a little wonky or we are now just paranoid that it will give it away, so it is supported by the hydraulic jack as well as the red stabiliser stand we have. It would be great to have a supportive leg on the trailer……..
    After this rather time consuming exercise, we were too late to start the Amelia Gorge walk so we changed the plans for today and decided to head to the thermal pools at Zebedee Springs instead. But before we left our station, Kat whipped up an amazing breakfast - scrambled eggs with vegetables in a wrap. Yummy 🤤
    Kat was the driver for today and did the Pentecost River crossing like an absolute pro.
    The walk to the Zebedee Springs was short, there were quite a bit of people there but we managed to find a private pool where we pruned our bodies in the water of about 28 degrees Celsius. That was a rather pleasant experience after the chilly Emma Gorge….
    On arrival to the main camp, Kat organised our boat river cruise to happen today rather than yesterday. So at 3pm we will be heading to Chamberlain Gorge and tomorrow we will do the Amelia Gorge day trip. So all worked out well in the end. We are just enjoying a cold ginger beer, waiting for our delicates to wash so we are somewhat presentable while using the local wi-fi.
    Weiterlesen