Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Quadra Island to Sechelt to Lillooet

    August 4, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    August 4 was another hurry up and wait kind of day, but it ended up being very relaxing. We took the 7:30 a.m. ferry back to Campbell River and drove to Comox, stopping for fuel along the way. We had planned to grab coffee and something to eat once we got to the ferry terminal, but it turned out to be a food and drink desert.

    The ferry to Powell River took just over an hour once there, we stopped at Base Camp restaurant for some really decent coffee and food and then carried on to Saltery Bay and our third and final ferry of the day. We stopped in Sechelt at a beautiful Airbnb with spectacular views and took a cab to the Lighthouse Pub for supper.

    The next day, August 5, we were up and on the road by 8:00 a.m. for the short ride to Gibsons. We gulped down stunningly good lattes at Black Bean Coffee and then got to the Gibsons ferry terminal in time for the 9:30 a.m. sailing to Horseshoe Bay. The ride from Horsehoe Bay to Whistler was beautiful but hot and congested.

    We had a very disappointing lunch at Freshii in Whistler and then set out for Lillooet. It is a stunningly beautiful road to Lillooet but hot as hell! Literally!

    There is not much going on in Lillooet. We walked down to the Cook house restaurant for supper and then back to the Reynolds Hotel for an early night.
    Read more