Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4 Kristiansand Norway

    August 15, 2022 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    First dock of the week here in Kristiansand Norway. This is the first time in this port for us so we were looking forward to having a look around. A bit of a cloudy start but lovely and warm. We were up and about early and we were out on deck as we glided in, it was like a millpond. The port is a working port so not massively picturesque but the surroundings were very pleasant to see.

    Nice breakfast followed by cake to get us going. We wandered down to the atrium for a nice cup of tea from the international cafe before disembarking to explore.

    What a lovely place, once off the ship it was a short walk through the port and then out in to a pretty harbour area with open parks and a lovely walk around the coast before turning in to the town. The town was equally as pretty and was very busy. The centrepiece of the town was the church with its green spire. All this was within easy walking distance from the ship. A total walk of about 6 miles. Very typical of Denmark, Norway and Sweden being immaculately kept and very pretty.

    We returned to the ship for a spot of lunch by which time the sun was in full swing any the cloud had cleared. We then decided to give the Gellatto cafe a try in the Atrium, we’ll most definitely be returning there, almost likely daily as the ice cream was amazing.

    We went to the back of the ship for the sail away this afternoon as the sun was shining down and the views were lovely before having an hour or so on the sun bed out on the open decks. We were contemplating the hot tubs but they were quite busy and we’d actually been organised and booked dinner for 7pm so we wouldn’t have had long anyway.

    For the first time this cruise we decided we would eat in the main dining room, medallion app to the rescue, press the buttons, decide when, press more buttons and turn up. Result is lovely good in a lovely environment. At this rate we’ll need a new wardrobe when we return as all we’ve done is eat ! Nothing much planned after dinner as we’re both tired so an early night tonight ready for Copenhagen tomorrow.
    Read more