Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 5 Copenhagen

    August 16, 2022 in Denmark ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    As we arrived in Copenhagen this morning it was grey and drizzly but that was through the window around 7am. By the time we were fully secured and we’d dragged ourselves out of bed, the cloud was clearing and the sun was breaking through nicely. The temperature was still good too.

    Copenhagen is a place we’ve been to many times and I was lucky enough to work here for a while a number of years ago so we know it well. There are 2 places to dock, one within walking distance of the city, the other, a 20 minute bus ride away. Unfortunately we docked at the latter one, which is fine as it’s just a bus ride in to town, so after breakfast we jumped on the transfer shuttle and went in. Still as lovely as ever and we were dropped off at one of the squares right in the middle of town. We walked up to Nyhavn which id still busy and very colourful before deciding to go up past the opera house and down to the little mermaid stopping for a snack and s drink along the way. There’s been s seaplane circling around all day and we found it’s possible to book a flight around, something we’ve not seen before, maybe on the list for next time.

    It’s been very warm and we did get rain, for all of about 3 minutes and even then it was just huge spots. We ambled back to the square to catch the coach back picking out the places I used to stay and we had been to when I worked here. We were back on board for 4.30 and went up to the open deck for a snack and a drink, before heading of for a cheeky half an hour siesta !!

    A late departure tonight so we decided we’d sail away whilst in the hot tub, the medallion app isn’t working on Sharon’s phone to get drinks delivered, but there is a workaround which seems to work pretty well once I’ve got it going. Sharon just gets out of the hot tub and walks across to the bar, then returns with said drinks. Works equally as well 😂😂.

    We were watching the sun go down in the tub just nicely whilst there was a movie on on movies under stars but we were under threat from a couple of swarms of midgets, probably because we were still docked, we switched tubs 3 times and eventually gave up. We’d managed a couple of hours so was fine. Food not required this evening due to a massive intake over the last few days, so we just had cake instead.

    Lovely sail away tonight, spent out on the open decks and still very warm. Next stop Skagen tomorrow.
    Read more