Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Vietnam - Halong Bay

    May 24, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    We were picked up from the hotel at 7.30 by a luxury mini van that was amazing, so comfortable with single reclining leather seats, wifi and heaps of room. Very nice way to take the 3 hour drive to Halong Bay. We arrived at the Port and was finally transferred onto our boat, which was fantastic. We started the cruise with a briefing. Our boat has 24 rooms but there were only 7 couples and 1 single guy, so we had heaps of room to move and we met all the couples and it was worth every cent! There is a mineral pool that is so warm, but a great place to sit and watch the scenery go by.

    We had a gourmet lunch, there is so much food and it was all delicious. After lunch we went rafting and stopped at a beach and had a swim. Afterwards we just sat around watching the scenery and relaxing! It is beautiful and so quiet. Really lucky to have this opportunity as in 2020 there will not be any more overnight boats in Halong Bay, for ecological reasons. Which will be great to protect this majestic place.

    Our dinner was spectacular with nine courses and sitting out on the deck as the boat quietly sits in the water surrounded by these amazing limestone peaks. Ended up going to bed pretty early as it had been a long day.
    Read more