Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Camino Del Norte - Day 27

    July 6, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Camno Del Norte - Day 27

    Biomorto to O Pedrouzo
    Distance 25km (6.0 hours)
    Ascent 120m

    Our night in Biomorto Albergue was fantastic. While we were waiting for the hospilardo to arrive, Brock was busy putting his healing hands to work. He worked magic on my back at a personal cost to his back.
    Once registered, everyone settled down for the night at 9pm. We were all up for 5.15am to set off on our 25km to join the Camino France's.
    It was a pleasant morning. We found that the new route would take us directly into Santiago. This wasn't our plan as we wanted to stop in an Albergue and walk into Santiago tomorrow morning.
    We stopped and waited for our little group of peregrinos from Canada and France to catch up with us. We then went cross country to join the Camino Frances.
    It was a shock joining the Frances. It was crowded with tourists and cyclists. I could feel my tension rising. After the solitude of the Camino Del Norte, I found the number of pilgrims overwhelming. We saw a newspaper clipping saying that more than 1,000 compostela son are issued each day.
    My tension was relieved by a peregrinos racing past with a sign saying 'unless you started in JPdP you are a tourist.' I said to him 'what about those who started in Irun? To which he agreed. I told him that I could feel the love. Each person walk their Camino based on their ability and time, it is a little harsh yo judge them by saying you've not walked from X or Y. That is not the Camino spirit.
    We walked along chatting amongst our little group and enjoying each other's company. We arrived in O Pedrouzo around 12.30pm and checked into a lovely private Albergue.
    I plan to get up very early with the others and walk the last 20kms into Santiago. It will be lovely to finish with this little international band.
    Read more