Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Camino Del Norte - Day 26

    July 5, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Camino Del Norte - Day 26
    Distance 25km (6.5 hours)
    Ascent 250m

    Last night, I stayed in Albergue Casa Roxica. It was a tiny Albergue was on a small farm. There were just 11 peregrinos. We had a three course communal dinner with wine for 8 euros. It was a lovely evening. Everyone was relaxed. The temperature got up to 38C so we either slept or chatted in the shade.
    I set out at 5.45am this morning with Claudia and a Russian girl who tagged onto us. She didn't have a torch and relied on us to lead the way. At one stage, we came across 10 dogs across our path. The usual barking went off. Our Russian friend was terrified. She clung onto Claudia as we made our way past the. This happened Gain a few hour later when we came across more dogs.
    As we approached the town of Sobrado, we were joined by two French ladies I have walked with for several days. We walked into the town together and visited the fantastic Monasterio de Santa Marin de Sobrado. It was founded in 952. The monastery features an impressive Baroque facade, built in the 17th century. It is also an Albergue. All the peregrinos had already left. We wandered around the monastery and cloisters. It was wonderful. Photos attached.
    We stopped for breakfast before starting our last 10 kilometers to Biomorto where I am this evening. En route, we saw a huge school party ahead and were afraid that they were heading the same way. We ended up racing past them to the Albergue but they simply passed by.
    The Albergue is wonderful. It is ultra modern, sleeps 34 with every facility. All for 6 euros. It is easily the best one I have stayed in. So far there are only 8 of us here.

    Tomorrow is our last day on the Camino Del Norte as we will join the Camino Frances on our way to Santiago. We have only 50kms to go.
    Read more