Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 Coca to Alcazaren

    April 10 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Day 7 Coca to Alcazarén 25kms

    The Albergue in Coca was very basic but warm. I found a supermarket nearby for snacks. Nothing else appeared open.
    This morning, we managed to find a bar open at 7am to get a coffee. There was no food available until 8.30am but the owner took pity on us and gave us toast.
    We set off at 7.30am as the sun rose. It was 2C with clear skies. The trail followed sandy tracks through pine forests. This remained the general theme for the day. At one stage, we disturbed a deer.
    We quickly got to the village Villeguillo 7kms on our route today. It was another ghost town with no bars open. We stopped for a brief rest and carried on.
    As we arrived near the outskirts of Alcazaren, we walked through an expansive vineyard.
    Entering Alcazaren, we sought out the bar where we could get the keys to the Albergue. Unfortunately, it was closed. We eventually managed to locate them. The Albergue is great and very clean. It is a donation Albergue.
    There was nowhere to eat but we managed to scavenge a lunch out of food in our rucksacks. Thankfully, there is a supermarket nearby that opens at 5pm.
    This was a pretty uneventful day on the Camino. The walking through the pine forests was peaceful. We are now in the province of Valladolid.
    Read more