Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Crete

    April 24, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Kaiseki restaurant for dinner and more lobster than you can poke a stick at. Delicious meal and chardy from Argentina and we agree that the food and drink is pretty amazing! We wander home via the pool deck and run into Heather and Allan from Scotland who are finishing up a very nice red and they invite us to join them. We have a lovely post dinner chat and discuss different viewpoints of the ship and it’s merits and head off for a good night sleep.
    We wake to Crete. Breakfast in the Arts cafe which is indeed one of our favorite quiet places onboard and then to our excursion which takes us through the beautiful countryside minus hairaising traffic. Our olive oil and winery tour is delightful with great company local food and interesting wine.
    The excursion is spoilt a little by a 1 hour stop at a soap factory - it is too long and not of interest to all. It was my kind of place with essential oils and potions and homemade soaps.
    Back to the ship and we lunch in Atlantide.
    With only 3 other guests in sight we have another delicious meal - vegetable soup and pasta with chilli and great wines.
    We stop by the library and go to reception to talk about disembarking ( SOB) and then to the pool deck for relaxing and hot tubbing and swimming. It’s warm and beautiful and we are very happy. Will keep you posted.
    Trivia soon and then dinner in Salt kitchen for local cuisine and wine.
    Read more