Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 13

    Santorini

    27 kwietnia 2023, Aegean Sea ⋅ 🌬 17 °C

    It’s a beautiful sunrise over the Greek islands this morning as we sail past Naxos on our way to Santorini. It’s a bit windy and rocky so not sure whether we will be able to tender.
    Early coffee at the arts cafe to catch the sun peeking over the Aegean sea. Magic!
    We decided to do room service last night - we have experienced all the dining options onboard due to careful preplanning and booking. Lots of people have missed out so we are very grateful for our excellent travel agent(moi).
    Room service on Silversea is very nice with the butler setting up the table with tablecloth and beautiful setting and bringing wine - opening the bottle for you - that sort of thing. It is a special experience.
    We watch the latest Jurassic Park movie which is as corny as anything but good fun.
    This is our first trip to Greece and Turkey and we are very excited seeing all the places we have heard about from our friends travels.
    Our first glimpse of Santorini over breakfast gives us a birdseye view and I cry a little. With happiness. We have a beautiful day tendering over to the hrllish bus ride up the mountain to pyros village then in to Santo winery to taste 3 local wines with cheese and olives and a magnificent view. To Oia and we find a lovely restaurant to sit with a wine and a light pre lunch and admire the sparkling Caldera. We then drive to Fira and stop for real lunch with Heather and Allan from Scotland. It’s has fabulous Greek food and the stuffed calamari and prawn saganaki is delicious!
    We wander around the town and catch the cable car down to return to the ship for our last trivia session - no points but lots of fun with Helen and Derek from Shell Cove who are staying onboard for back to back cruises. We will have to return and stay for a few days in 2024 when we come back to Athens.
    We are getting another cruise after this one and we spy our ship in port this afternoon! How funny!
    Sail away sunset in La Terrazza restaurant tonight - I’ll keep you posted!
    Czytaj więcej