Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 22

    Burgos - Logroño - Haro

    13 Juni 2023, Spanyol ⋅ ☁️ 68 °F

    Today's trip was first through Spain's beautiful countryside with field after field of agriculture. Then the windy routes BU-820 and BU-825 took us on a 50-mile tour through the lush mountains with views of several dammed lakes until we reached the city of Logroño.

    We stopped in a small village for a coffee and bathroom break. More people entered the coffee bar but strangely didn't behave in the usual happy Spanish way. Ursula guessed that they probably came to assemble here after a funeral. Her instinct was correct, as a local gentleman later confirmed - it was a 78-year-old man that had passed away.

    We were met with a heavy 90-minute rain downpour in the middle of the mountains. Kurt needed to drive slower and use caution. Several motorcycle and bicycle riders got soaking wet.

    We are now in the Rioja region with its endless vineyards.

    Logroño is a stop on the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela. The Cathedral of Santa María de la Redonda has twin baroque towers, an elaborate facade, and an image attributed to Michelangelo. The Cubo del Revellín fortress connects to remnants of the old city wall. Leafy Ebro Park has views of the Ebro River, its arched Stone Bridge, and its 19th-century Iron Bridge. We didn't stay in Logroño for very long. We just had a coffee and a bite to eat. The Tourist Office gave us all the information we needed for tomorrow's visit to the wineries and tasting.

    We are staying at the Hotel Plaza for the next two nights. Our balcony views the Plaza de la Paz in the small wine city of Haro, about 20 minutes North of Logroño.
    Baca selengkapnya