Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Brief Hanoi stop

    March 20, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    I didn’t find the bus super comfortable as I am about 4 inches taller than the beds were designed for, but little did I know this would be my most comfortable long bus in Vietnam as we had booked the best type. It looks a bit like a spaceship inside and fit only 22 people instead of 40 in a standard sleeper bus.

    He also somehow arrived, three hours earlier than Google Maps predicted so had some time to explore Hanoi, visiting an Instagram hotspot, café, and the history museum (where we were kicked out early because it was closed at lunchtime 🤷‍♂️). We then collapsed into a long nap most the afternoon, waking up to the many bright lights of nighttime Hanoi. We didn’t do much that evening. Just going for dinner and watching an impromptu street circus outside of the fully booked water puppet show we’d originally planned to go to, then enjoying the view of the city around one of the lakes.

    We were off again early, the next day on a six hour bus to Ha Giang, which I spent watching some Top Gear episodes I’d downloaded, including the Vietnam special (would highly recommend, it’s very entertaining).
    Read more