Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Heating refit part II and study part I

    April 15, 2023 in Norway ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    The day began relatively early with emptying the study for today's jobs which center on the study. The intent was to replace the study's radiator, completing the heating refit; paint a feature wall; replace the light fittings; and wrap the desk to give it a new look.

    Unlike it's living room based cousin, this radiator had the good sense not to be in front of a vent and could be mounted without modification; it was up in a flash. When we popped the can open, the paint was the most separated I've seen; so separated it was probably in a protracted custody battle. Even so, after putting some elbow grease into mixing it, the first coat of paint was applied without issue.

    You might imagine this would start us on a roll... it did not. Vinyl wrap, might have been more aptly named vile wrap; it is a member of the class of inanimate objects that makes you feel like there is a vindictive and stubborn quality to the ways it goes wrong. I would say that trying to wrap the desk left us in a sticky situation, but since the problems were largely caused by the 'self adhesive' film's complete disinterest in adhering to the wooden desk it was more just irritating.

    We'll leave the first attempt overnight to see how it looks but may have to start from scratch tomorrow; it will be a case of double, double toil and trouble - vinyl learn and do not bubble!
    Read more