Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Rome Day 1

    May 25, 2023 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    Our first day in Rome was slower than the previous days in Cairo. Rome feels way less chaotic and we’re excited to eat our way through Italy. It’s nice not to have to worry about drinking the water, worrying about food etc.

    We are staying in the heart of Rome! It’s an incredible location with shops, cafes and restaurants at our doors. We are falling in love with Rome!

    We went to the Borghese Gallery which housed amazing paintings and statues. The ceiling of every room was a masterpiece — we may have a crook neck but it was worth it. The mythological stories came to life on the painting/statues.

    We then wandered around the gardens surrounding the gallery where the e stumbled onto an equestrian event. We made our way to a cafe for lunch which was delicious! It’s so good to have a smoothie and feel a little healthier after some of the heavy food in Cairo.

    We made our way home and the sunny day was quickly turning to clouds and rain so we relaxed a little before heading out to drop off our laundry which was piling up! Went for a drink at Mimi e Coco - the wine in Italy and Greece is beautiful.

    For dinner we headed to Origano where Steve was hanging for pizza and he was satisfied! We wandered to the Trevi Fountain which was extremely busy so we decided that we would go late at night when there would be less people. We walked home and rested and started to watch Hercules and passed out.

    Step Count: 20, 074
    Read more