Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Bologna Day 2

    June 2, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Woke up this morning eager to explore Bologna. The streets were quite busy so we grabbed some breakfast and went to the square and then walked through the market and saw heaps of meat, cheese and Tortellini. We headed to Piazza Santo Stefano where they had seven different churches in the same complex, all built in different eras. It was fascinating walking through them.

    We stopped for an early lunch at Sfoglia Rina where we ate some amazing vegan/vegetarian tortelloni which was absolutely delicious 🤤 we headed home for a rest and then went to the main square and walked up the clock tower. Before you reach the top you have to sign a consent form before going up some steep wooden stairs. It wasn’t too high but the stairs were questionable and made us a little nervous. The view from the top was amazing. Bologna is a beautiful city that we feel we could live in — the people are lovely and there aren’t many tourists around. Everyone first speaks to us in Italian.

    We walked the Imagine street then had an afternoon snack of a fish sandwich for Steve and a vegan one for Tegan. They were both delicious!

    We headed home for a rest and relaxed before heading down to the bar right below us the called il Mistico. We had a few cocktails and apertivo which were lovely along with the waitress, before heading to dinner in the hip part of town Pratello. We ate some delicious vegan food and had some local red wine which was divine and then strolled the streets ending up in the main square listening to a music. It was a wonderful night.
    Read more