Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Bologna Day 3

    June 3, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Our last day in Bologna! We are sad to be leaving, it is such a beautiful city. We had some delicious food here and the atmosphere all weekend was amazing.

    We checked out of our hotel and headed out for breakfast to a vegan cafe which was absolutely beautiful. Tegan had an açai bowls and Steve had an omelette and we had a juice each. The juice in Italy is on another level. We started to watch the Dogs game but only saw a little bit as we had to move on. We went back into the Cathedral to see the light cross the massive sundial.

    We then walked to the main square where we went to one of the oldest operating theatres, Archiginnasio, which was mainly made out of wood. It was bombed in WW2 but rebuilt. They have a wonderful library with books by Galileo.

    We then went to a cafe and had a hot drink. The weather was turning and as we sat down the rain started. We hurried to pick up our bags and then walked to the train station. Lucky most of Bologna has beautiful porticoes that kept us dry however we were almost drenched crossing the roads.

    We made it onto our train a little wet. Our 3 and a half hour trip was quick and allowed us to dry off. Tegan had uni work to do and was able to get a bit done. We made it to Trieste that night at 9pm and our room was massive! Unfortunately we didn’t get photos. We went out for a quick dinner of pizza. Tegan had the marinara pizza and had never experienced so much garlic before.
    Read more