Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Ljubljana Day 2

    June 7, 2023 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We woke and ate some breakfast in our apartment and then decided to catch the bus to lake bled as the weather was perfect. We grabbed a snack on the way to the bus and bought our tickets.

    The bus was nearly full when we got on and we settled in for an hour and a bit journey. We arrived at lake bled and oh my goodness it is breathtaking. The lake is huge with a church in an island in the middle. There is also a castle on the outskirts of the lake on a hill, and the water is aquamarine and crystal clear. We walked half way around and decided to have a swim. It was fresh but nice after walking in the heat, we didn’t want to get out. The lake is surrounded by trees and greenery. It is so beautiful and calming to walk through.

    As we made our way around we stopped at a cafe and had a drink to soak up the view and the weather. It’s just beautiful. We spent most of the afternoon walking half way and then needed to make it round the rest of the way to catch our bus. We made it in time to catch the bus only to have the driver drive by saying he was full.l, so we had to wait til the next bus.

    We finally made it home and got some takeaway Thai food to eat at home and some ice cream. I think the ice cream is the best we’ve had on our trip. We relaxed at home for the rest of the evening and prepared for our trip tomorrow to the caves.
    Read more