Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    A cracker day

    November 14, 2022 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Yes it was a great day - lovely mild morning with sun and calm. Went down to a street cafe and had bagels and coffee - sat in the sun - the bagels were great but the coffee just average. Had a wander around town - checking out some art and gift shops - just strolling.
    We decided that we would walk up Flagstaff Hill - we did this years ago when we visited with Nan and Grandi in the late '90s. The view is great looking 360 - there were fluffy clouds out across the sounds. The climb was harder this time and came back to rest, then lunch - which was snack food and more coffee - had our lunch on the waters edge with a pair of ducks and several seagulls. A great spot to watch the boats and people coming and going.
    It was mid 20's and we felt the need for a lie down - eyes were shut!
    After that rest we got in the car for a drive - checking a few bays south of Russell and then travel further along the coastal route until we came across a lovely bay - Jack's Bay - it was just picture perfect and a little gem - with a settlement of expensive houses tucked in the bush around the bay.
    Got back near 5 and rested some more before heading down to Hone's Pizza place for dinner. Popular place, especially on a Monday - pizza, chips and IPA.
    The two nights we have been here the sunsets have been magnificent - we sat on the waters edge with lots of others and watched the sun go down.
    So good.
    Read more