Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Fleming Island Golf Club

    April 12, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    We golfed today. We saw one hawk flying low overhead, one hawk sitting on the flag we were aiming at, and a Bald Eagle carrying a large fish trying to get away from two other birds that thought he should share. It was a good day to golf, just don't ask how we did. The birds were the highlights...that and the gorgeous weather.
    And now for the rest of the story... This was a pretty fancy place. The golf cart has a GPS, so it will tell you how far you are from the green. Pretty cool and fancy. It will also stop the golf cart if you get to close to the green and if you break other rules. So, we're at a par 3. The rule is to stay on the cart path. Larry, being a good guy, drives across the fairway to where my ball is. The cart's GPS catches up with us just as we're starting down a steep hill. It won't let us go forward, only backwards...up a steep hill. We start going up and then the wheels start spinning. I get out of the cart and start pushing. We make it back up, but let me tell you, golf carts are not light. This will probably hurt later but mostly it was funny.
    Read more