Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    San Sebastian to Madrid

    April 16, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Today we woke up and went for one last walk in San Sebastián where we bought the hoodie Molly had been eyeing all weekend! We enjoyed one last baked good before we headed off to EAS (which may be the worlds smallest airport). We were escorted on the plane across the runway and then were in the air to Madrid.

    Once in Madrid TR had a car service set up for us to take us to the Four Seasons. Our driver was awesome as he was sharing all the top things to do, see, and most importantly eat in Madrid. We got checked into our hotel and we’re able to get into our room which is by far the nicest hotel room we have ever stayed at. Waiting for us was a bottle of Champagne, strawberries, and small cookies! We unpacked and we’re able to get to the gym for a quick workout!

    We then headed off to the first of many events this week for the awards trip where we were greeted by a violinist at the Real Academia de Belles Artes. We enjoyed small tapas and wine with Kyle’s company colleagues for a couple hours before heading off to the four seasons roof top bar. We got seated in our own little private garden area where we indulged in a drink and Salmon tartar. Along with this was a 15 dollar bottle of tap water which Kyle thought should have been served on a gold platter for that price. We then headed back to our room for one last glass of Cava before hitting the hay with a busy next day.
    Read more