Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    San Sebastian Day 2

    April 15, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Our morning started with a good 2 mile run in the rainy streets of San Sebastián climate. Next Molly craving a good American Breakfast we’d make back home so we found a place that served protein and veggies with a detox juice (carrot, apple, ginger). This was a much needed refresh after the discoteca. We then walked along beach where we got to watch surfers and wind surfers! Reminded us where we are complaining about the wind others are celebrating it! We arrived to Mount Igueldo where we were took their mountain side rail car up to the top! We thought we were going to a fully open Amusement park but instead due to the rain we got one roller coaster and incredible views! Molly insisted we ride the one open coaster than took less than a minute and kyle’s legs barely fit. It was a quick but fun thrill!

    Once we departed back down in the rail car we went to see Queen Maria Christina’s summer house where they actually went to avoid all the diseases tearing through Spain! She lost her husband at a young age of 26 to influenza. After that we decided to explore the other side of San Sebastián where we went back to that incredible bakery for a treat and cafe con leche with brown sugar (mollys new obsession). We then stopped in for some Pinxchos and oysters before heading home for a quick refresh!

    We found a bar that served real martinis before dinner so we stopped in their for an espresso martini and mollys famous dirty martini! After this we were able to go to our reservation at a Michelin star restaurant where we enjoyed an assortment of out of this world thoughtful curated dishes that were served course by course! It was truly a dinner to remember! Post dinner we stopped in for one last Aperol Spritz where kyle decided to try raw octopus - safe to say it was not good. The locals were out and about this evening, we even witnessed some teenagers smuggling alcohol into a water bottle which made us a question the drinking age. Finally we went home and turned on some TV for the first time and enjoyed a glass of wine but mostly each others company chit chatting way too late considering our day flight tomorrow.
    Read more