Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Burgos

    May 15, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    By the standards of the Camino de Santiago, Burgos is a large city. Instead of booking two nights there, as many people do, we have decided to postpone your departure until after lunch on the following day. You have planned a shorter day of walking, only 13 km.
    With these plans we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon to touring in the old centre of the city. In the evening, we went out for dinner with our friends Mark and Sonja. We experienced a menu of the day in a tradicional restaurant. There were a lot of other pilgrims there, some of whom we had met in the previous days.
    The night was great. Nice place, good food, and good company. It was very nice every time we could stay together with Mark and Sonja. Our plans for the next day were different, so after dinner we said goodbye, or see you soon.
    The plans for the next day were to have a nice breakfast and then visit the famous cathedral of Burgos. I found the cathedral very impressive and beautiful. It's so big, whether you look at it from the outside or the inside. But I have a particular feeling that the place looks more like a beautiful museum than a church. I mean, it looks more like a place to look at and admire, than a place to you pray in.
    But despite of my impression, it was an amazing experience. There are hundreds of details to admire, and also a lot of history to learn about.
    Read more