Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 16

    Day 15 - Burgos -> Rabé de las Calzadas

    16 maja 2023, Hiszpania ⋅ 🌬 14 °C

    As planned, we leave Burgos around 12 noon, but without have lunch. We have some food from the day before and decide to eat on the way. It was a good decision. We had a lovely picnic in the Parque del Parral.
    After leaving the Parque you start to walk through large, long dirt tracks and loose stones, between the extensive Ceral lands of Castilla. From here we began to experience the Mesetas, one of the most emblematic stages of the Camino de Santiago.
    Before reaching Rabé de las Calzadas, we passed through Tardajos. A short stop for a coffee and a visit to the church. Having left Burgos late, we also arrived late.
    Rabé de las Calzadas is a small and quiet village of around 200 inhabitants, but the people are very warm. Eva and I were on our way to our Albergue when I saw a familiar pilgrim. The German whom I met in Orison and saw again when we left Roncesvales, about 12 days ago. This is the man who had the coronavirus the year before and were had difficulty walking as a result. I felt very happy and a little touched to see him after 12 days, continuing his Camino and at the same stage of mine. We greeted each other, I after introducing Eva to him. He was very happy to be able to speak to Eva in German, his mother language. He told us that he had some difficulties because of the language, he didn't speak Spanish, and his English was bad. After a short conversation we went to our Albergue.
    After checking in and showering, we went for a walk around the village. During the walk we met a little elderly sister who invited us to a pilgrims' blessing later at 8pm. It was a simple and not crowded celebration, but for me it was special. The medal that they gave to me at the end of the blessing stayed with me for the rest of the Camino and beyond.
    Czytaj więcej