Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 112

    Lisbon

    November 11, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    We left Lagos to go to Lisbon. None of us have ever been to Lisbon before so it should be good. We had to get up pretty early to get to Lisbon. The bus drive was very good and was only 4 hours and very clean. I’ve noticed a pattern in architecture through Portugal where there are a lot of white or bold colours and really nice tiles everywhere.

    On our first full day in Lisbon we went to a industrial area made into a modern art space. There were a lot of shops, art studios and cafes. It had a very young vibe with lots of young people in their 20s to 30s. There, we also got a piece of cake that’s supposed to be the best in Lisbon and it held up. Plus I had been craving cake for ages!

    The next day we went for a long walk to get a tart. We went to the shop where the tarts were invented and only 4 people know the recipe to it. It was very good and Mum was very excited. But when we went across the rod to a park to eat it , one of those big sea birds came in landed on my head and snatched Mums tart out of her hand and bit her finger in the process. So we had to get her another one. We also went to this sea side watch tower that was super old that was really cool. We couldn’t go in though.

    On our 3rd day we went on a long walk to a famous square and popped into a market to look around. The streets were super busy around the square and we saw a professional sand sculpture. The underground and public transport in Lisbon was very dirty. The underground had a bunch of graffiti and for some reason the floor was super wet. But we did get tickets to the old above tram which Dad said is iconic.

    On our 4th day in Lisbon we went up to this nice viewing spot that looked over Lisbon. We took the old tram over there and went into a few church’s too. The views over Lisbon were awesome because every roof was orange and close together which gave me the urge to run across them. But I held myself back.

    On our last day in Lisbon we had a pretty chaotic day. We were supposed to get up at 8:00 and get on a train and go see a Castle. But instead woke up at 9, got out of the house, then realised the debit card wasn’t working for some reason. Then it took ages for us to catch the next train and missed. So then we were a hour late for the castle and they didn’t let us in because we were late and not letting us get a refund. But the town there was pretty. In my opinion I liked Lisbon but I wouldn’t visit again.
    Read more