Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 120

    Nazare

    November 19, 2023 in Portugal

    We left Lagos to go to the airport to pick up a car which I was very exited about. It was only a two hour drive to Nazare which is where the biggest waves in the world are. The area of Nazare was very white but surprisingly didn’t have the surf town vibe.

    The next day we got up at 6:00 to see the 6 meter waves that were set to arrive in the morning. We walked up a cliff and saw the waves and they were massive and people were taking jet skies and sliding onto the wave. A surfer got caught on the rocks and couldn’t get out because the waves kept throwing him into them. But in the end he got out with half a board in hand.

    On our second day it was Dad’s birthday, so we had a big day with him going into town and looking around and going into shops.

    On our last day in Nazare and Europe, we went down to the beach and I was about 2 meters away from this massive wave and it was only a shore break and it was absolutely massive. Of course I got completely satched ( but that was always gonna happen). Our stay in Europe has been an amazing experience full of different foods, cultures and awesome sights and one day I will definitely return. Plus I still have a lot of things to look forward to seeing that we’re going to England tomorrow!
    Read more