Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Day 53 - Pringle Bay

    May 7, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Somewhere way past midnight on Friday evening, with the assistance of copious beers, war-stories, braaivleis, good friends, more and more beer and much laughter we surrendered and got to bed.

    Saturday morning morphed with Friday night. A little war-torn, Gavin and I walked Mieka (the Golden Retriever) to a coffee shop up the road in Pringle. Even the great coffee and croissant was not able to bring any sort of equilibrium. I have to admit, that I did battle to right myself pretty much throughout the day! For weeks I had full ambitions to run here in Pringle at least a 7/8km outing. There was no way this could happen with the injuries I was contending with.

    Whilst Gavin attended to a 'project' with a hardware delivery (or whatever) Karen, Sandy and I took a stroll down the Pringle Bay beach.

    Here although the beach was immaculate, in every way, it just wasn't good enough for a few souls digging up to their knees in a mixture of mud and beach sand, at the mouth of the little stream on the far side of the bay, searching for any minute piece of plastic. All very dapper, whilst others are digging-in wind-barriers to prevent the dunes blowing away and up against foreshore houses, others are removing alien 'Port Jackson' bushes, which were preventing the sand blowing away in the first place. At the same time the Bunny/Baboon huggers are confronting the 'Baboon Scouts' who we saw armed to the backteeth with weaponary of sorts, armed with placards trying to avert a war!?

    Meanwhile the entire night and on the far side of False Bay, the city suburb of Khayelitsha, lights burned brightly! What was happening there tonight was a far cry from the incidentals on the False Bay extremities. The crime/rape/death/drug/prostitution carnival of South Africa or even the world was no doubt in full swing! Full scale War in the meantime still rages unabated in Eastern Europe!

    Today and tonight (Saturday) was subdued in comparison. No beer at all, all day and night, speaks to that! The four of us snacked on delicious 'Woolies' bites throughout the evening, only Karen was 'man-enough' to partake in the fruits of the vine, whilst she cleaned us up playing several rounds of 'Rummy'. There is a message in there somewhere?

    Love, Peace and Light!
    M&K
    👍🌺
    Read more