Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Day 54 - Darling/Langebaan

    May 8, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Back on the move again on Sunday, still head-butting a vague and dull headache!

    After wishing both Karen and Sandra a Happy Mothers day, Karen went back to personally show up for Shielas Mothers Day, in Kleinmond, which was very special for them both.


    By the time Karen got back at 09:15 Gavin had finally got the builders going and for the time being, stopped harassing and/or micro- managing their progress. When we eventually dragged him away we went for a Mothers day breakfast at the same place, as the previous day!

    Many thanks Gavin and Sandy for your kindness and super dining and accomodation👍Your home is really beautiful, and that is an understatement and no lie!

    We aimed for the West Coast specifically Langebaan via all the backroads. Circumventing False Bay between Hangklip and Pringle Bay via Rooi Els and on into Gordons Bay is another iconic and the most beautiful Clarence Drive. Less beautiful, the N2 for a few kilometers from the bottom of Sir Lowry's Pass through Somerset West. Between here through to way past Stellenbosch, I’m guessing 1000’s of square kilometers of vineyards, already feeling the pinch of winter, as the leaves turn from green to as many shades of purple, orange and brown and fall to the ground. Then onto the R304 and R302 to Malmesbury through Stellenbosh and Abbotsdale. Malmesbury on the R315 to Darling, where we lunched at the 'Darling Brewery' before connecting with the R27 to Langebaan.

    Family friends of Karen and her Folks welcomed us in for yet another 'out-of-caravan- experience', their home on the heights of the hills surrounding Langebaan. Stunning nighttime views of the Langebaan Lagoon and Saldanha Bay Harbour. Recycling raw Iron Ore, brilliantly earning Millions of USD$'s in exports, instead of Billions of USD$’s with added value pure Iron and Steel! Simultaneously getting as many unemployed South African's off their lazy asses and into overalls to support their own 'un countable's', in stead of wasting valuable time standing in 'SASSA' queues for nothing!

    Trevor and Rina fed us well with a great Lasagne and after falling asleep in a particularly boring Miami F1, we chucked it in.

    Love, Peace and Light.
    M&K
    👍💐
    Read more